KVPY exam details 2020, eligibility criteria, courseFree
About this course
What is the KVPY exam?
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national-level scholarship/fellowship program conducted to promote and encourage highly driven students to opt for research careers in basic science courses.
KVPY 2020 exam will be conducted by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore. KVPY entrance test is a national level entrance test organized for the selection of the eligible candidates on the basis of Aptitude Test & Interview organized by IISc. Through this entrance exam, candidates are provided scholarships up to Pre-Ph.D. level for their selection. Eligible candidates awarded with the scholarships will be able to pursue their career in the Research Science. Candidates can check various details regarding KVPY 2020 application, exam dates, eligibility criteria, syllabus and much more by reading this article.
KVPY 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the tentative details of KVPY 2020 exam dates in the below given table:
|Online application form opening||2nd week of July 2020|
|Online application form closing||1st week of September 2020|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of October 2020|
|KVPY 2020 Exam Date||1st week of November 2020|
|Answer key releases||4th week of November 2020|
|Result declaration||3rd week of December 2020|
|Interview starts||3rd week of January 2021|
|Last date of interview||4th week February 2021|
KVPY 2020 Application Form
Candidates can check below the following details regarding KVPY 2020 Application Form:
- Candidates will be able to fill the KVPY 2020 Application Form through online mode.
- The Application process will consist of certain steps – Registration, Filling details in the application, uploading documents, making exam preference and making application fee payment.
- No changes in KVPY 2020 application form will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates must upload their recent passport size photograph with scanned signature in the given format.
- Candidates must register using their valid e-mail ID & phone number to get login credentials.
- Students applying after class 11th have to apply under SA stream and those applying after 12th have to apply under SX stream. For the candidates pursuing B.Sc Basic sciences (1st year) are required to apply under SB stream.
- The form fee for General/ OBC Category will be INR 1000/-
- The form fee for SC/ ST category will be INR 500/-
Mode of Payment: The application fee can be paid through online mode. The mode of payment will be through credit card, debit card or net-banking.
KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check KVPY 2020 Eligibility Criteria before applying for admission under various streams:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian National citizen in order to apply for KVPY 2020.
For SA Stream:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed their 10th level from a recognized board.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates must have passed 10th level with compulsory subjects of Science & Mathematics.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored minimum 75% marks (65% for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing: Students who are appearing in 11th level are also eligible to apply.
For SX Stream:
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed 12th level or equivalent examination.
- Mandatory Subjects: Candidates must have passed 12th level with Science subjects (PCB / PCM).
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored minimum 75% marks in class 12th (65% for reserved category candidates).
- Appearing: Candidates who will be appearing or waiting for their 12th level result are also eligible to apply.
For SB Stream:
- Qualification: Candidates appearing in the first year of their UG degree are also eligible to apply.
- Mandatory Subject: Candidates studying in UG degree in Basic Sciences must have science subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology leading to B.Sc. /B.S. /B.Stat/B.Math. /Int. MS. /Int. M.Sc.
- Percentage: Candidates must have scored 60% marks (50% for reserved category candidates) in Mathematics & Science in 12th
KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates can check below the KVPY 2020 Exam Pattern before starting their exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: KVPY 2020 entrance exam will be conducted through online mode.
- Medium: The language of the paper will be in English & Hindi medium.
- Questions Type: The paper will consist of multiple choice questions (MCQ) in the paper.
- Attempts: In the SA stream, it is compulsory to attempt all questions. While in SB/SX stream, students have an option to attempt any three sections in Part I and two sections in Part II.
- Time Duration: Total of 3 hours time will be given to complete the test.
- Maximum Marks: The entrance exam will be of 100 marks.
The distribution no. of questions in each stream is given in the table below:
For Stream SA:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
For Stream SB/SX:
|Subjects||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||Part II|
KVPY 2020 Syllabus
Candidates can prepare for KVPY 2020 entrance test from the topics of 10th, 12th, and 1st year UG syllabus as per the selected stream. There will be no prescribed syllabus for the entrance test. The aptitude test will be design to test analytical ability & understanding of candidate’s knowledge.
Mock tests will be also conducted by the board so that candidates get familiar with the pattern of written examination.
KVPY 2020 Preparation Tips
Go through various preparation tips to enhance your preparation of the entrance test and score well in the test:
- Solve past question papers and sample papers to enhance exam preparation.
- Prepare time table & follow it on regular basis.
- Go through the complete syllabus & pattern of KVPY 2020.
- Do some yoga & meditation to improve your concentration power.
- Attempt mock test daily to know your preparation level and thereby make changes according to it.
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national-level scholarship/fellowship program conducted to promote and encourage highly driven students to opt for research careers in basic science courses. In this course, we will provide students with the basic relevant details and course details to clear their KVPY exam of 2020.
Useful Web Tools
Starting Module: you’ll learn about different types of social software, how to think about physical collaboration and digital collaboration using the same framework, and what the challenges to success for collaborative software are.
Advanced Module: you’ll learn about different types of social software, how to think about physical collaboration and digital collaboration using the same framework, and what the challenges to success for collaborative software are.
Professional Module: you’ll learn about different types of social software, how to think about physical collaboration and digital collaboration using the same framework, and what the challenges to success for collaborative software are.